This one is for all my fellow arm balance lovers out there (I see you!). It's a not-often taught (at least, not in my experience of vinyasa classes) one-legged crow variation that hails from Ashtanga.
I find this pose to be MUCH easier than Eka Pada Bakasana A (the one that is taught more often), and I hope you do, too. Give it a try--but be sure that you've spent some time opening up your hips and hammies before doing so!
You can watch here or on my YouTube channel, where you'll find lots more videos + can subscribe so that you never miss an episode.
Like working on arm balances? Here are a few other past videos you should check out:
- Episode 28: Eka Pada Galavasana
- Episode 27: Reverse Koundinyasana
- Episode 23: Bhujapidasana
- Episode 21: Hummingbird Pose (also called Grasshopper!)
- Episode 10: Bakasana to Chaturanga
- Episode 7: Side Crow (Parsva Bakasana)
- Episode 5: Astavakrasana
And for those who enjoyed the Sayde sighting in the intro, check out The Failed Episode for a whole video of Sayde interruptions/fails/bloopers ;)
Thanks for watching!