I like to think of myself as a bit of a podcast aficionado; I listen to them basically all day, every day (while I walk Sayde, while I work, while I clean up around the house, sometimes while I drive, etc.) and I'm always up for giving a new podcast a chance--which is why I have *SO* many that I listen to each week.
While most of the podcasts that I listed in my last podcast roundup are still in my queue + still listened to on a regular basis (except the ones that have been discontinued, of course), I've added a few more to my list that I think are worth sharing with you.
So, here are 5 more podcasts that I listen to every week and am always excited to see pop up in my app:
- Death, Sex, & Money: Although this podcast is yet another interview show [sometimes it feels like every podcast is an interview show], I love it because it often tackles subjects that aren't talked about as much--death, sex, and money, obviously--and I find the interviewer, Anna Salle, to be really wonderful at asking challenging questions and getting to the heart of the matter. Each episode is around 30 minutes, so it's a nice bite-sized time commitment, and I always find it interesting.
- Modern Love: The Podcast: Each week, this podcast features an actor or actress reading an essay from The New York Times' "Modern Love" column. The essays are always beautiful and moving, and then after the essay, they have a short conversation with the writer of the essay, checking-in on how things may or may not have changed since they wrote the piece. Another short + sweet podcast that makes me smile.
- The Birth Hour: If you are pregnant or hoping to get pregnant soon, I cannot suggest this podcast enough! Hands-down, it has been one of the *best* resources that I've found during my pregnancy. Each week, it features a woman telling her birth story, and I love how detailed and honest they are about the experience. I've learned so much about women's bodies, the birth process, and many of the various scenarios that can happen and do happen during childbirth from this podcast, and I think that listening to it has made me much less fearful and much more excited about giving birth.
- The Longest Shortest Time: While this podcast is geared towards parents, you definitely don't have to be a parent to listen to it. I've been listening for about a year and have really enjoyed all of the stories about parenting, family, and life in general. I recommend scrolling back through the archives of this one and listening to old episodes [I started at the beginning and listened to all of the episodes in order--it was great!].
- GirlBoss Radio: Hosted by Nasty Gal's Sophia Amoruso, this podcast features Sophia interviewing a different "GirlBoss" each week and talking with them about how they got to where they are today. I have to say that I don's listen to this podcast *as* religiously as I do the others, but I always love hearing successful women's stories, so I stay subscribed and just pick + choose the episodes I listen to. Worth subscribing to if you feel the same way...
Also, I think this is a good place to give you guys a Starr Struck Radio update:
While I did say at the end of last season that we would be back during the third trimester to share one final pregnancy episode, I've been having a really hard time pinning Ben down to record [total power struggle with a guy whose time is precious because he feels like he's enjoying his last few days of 'life as he knows it.' Which I guess he is...].
Anyways, I'll keep working on him, but know that if that doesn't happen, he has PROMISED me that he will record an episode post-baby to talk about life with a newborn. So either way, stay tuned for a special baby + parenthood-centric episode sometime in the next few months...