In the first half of the episode, we finally hash out the blog back-and-forth that Bobby and I have been having over the question, "When it comes to fitness, is yoga enough?" We each explain our thoughts on the subject and as usual, Ben isn't shy about his opinions, either ;)
In the second half of the show, we introduce a new strength training program that Bobby will be creating for me in 2016, explain how YOU can follow along and do the program with me, and Bobby breaks down what he observed in my body when we did my initial physical evaluation (hint: my strengths + weaknesses matched up pretty closely with a "typical female yogi body").
Also, as we mention in the show, this is the last episode of 2016 because we'll be taking a break from Thanksgiving to New Year's. Thanks SO (so so so!!!) much for listening to our very first year of podcasting. We'll be back with a new episode on Tuesday, January 5th.
As always, you can listen to the podcast below OR by downloading and/or subscribing in iTunes or Stitcher (be sure you search "Starr Struck Radio").
- The initial blog post that Bobby wrote: Yoga for Fitness?
- The response that I posted a couple weeks later: Doing Yoga for Fitness: Is it Enough?
- Link to the study that I mention in the show: Effects of Hatha Yoga Practice on Health-Related Aspects of Physical Fitness
- Visit Bobby's website to learn more about working with him (remotely or on-site if you're local!)
- Our pervious episode with Bobby: Episode 14: How to Meet Your Fitness Goals
- Link to my Etsy shop for all of your holiday shopping needs ;)
For those who want to follow along with the strength training program that I'll be doing starting in the new year, the logistics are below:
- Starting Monday, January 11th I'll be posting my weekly programming (provided by Bobby, obviously) to the blog every Monday
- This program/sharing will last for 6-weeks
- There will be 3 training sessions per week, which will include a mix of both strength training and cardio
- The assumption is that this program is designed for the yogi who also takes at least 2-3 yoga classes per week
- For those who want to follow along on your own, each post will share links to videos (where applicable) to demonstrate the exercises I'll be doing
- We'll also include a note about the equipment you'll need for each workout
- Stay tuned on the blog for more info! I'll post a reminder as we get closer to the new year...
Thanks again for listening in 2015 and thanks for coming on, Bobby!