Here’s what I learned from it (you should read it!):
1. Research shows that pursuing “happiness” makes people less happy, while having
purpose/meaning increases “overall life satisfaction.”
2. Happiness is a trait shared by all animals, but meaning is something uniquely human.
3. Happiness = being a "taker” or having your needs met, while leading a meaningful
life = being a "giver," or giving to others/the world.
4. “People whose lives have high levels of meaning often actively seek meaning out even
when they know it will come at the expense of happiness.”
5. Happiness is fleeting; meaning endures.
Gets you thinking, doesn’t it? What is your purpose or meaning in life?
It’s definitely worth pondering…