So, taking this article to heart, I have been trying to do things one a time, without becoming too overwhelmed...but wow, is it hard! We've booked our venue (and date, obviously), sent some (but not all) of our save-the-dates, booked our photographer, bought my dress (YAY!!!!) and have narrowed down caterers. Then yesterday, we started looking into DJs, so I am feeling pretty good. But still, so many decisions still waiting to be made!
A few of the bigger decisions that we haven't made are some of the ones that are harder for a creative-type like me to figure out--for instance, color scheme, theme or direction for decorations, flowers and/or centerpieces, etc. But, I've definitely been thinking about these things and have found heaps of inspiration online. Below is a collage that I've created as an inspiration-board of sorts. Images are from a host of sites, but mostly from my two favorite wedding blogs, Green Wedding Shoes (where I found my photographer) and Style Me Pretty.
Thoughts? Do you like? I'm thinking our theme will be vintage southern garden. A mouthful, no? Going along with this theme, here's what I have decided are must haves at our nuptials:
- Mason Jars: SO many ways to use them, haven't figured out which way we want to go yet...
- Gray bridesmaid dresses and different colored shoes (within color scheme, of course--see image above! I LOVE this idea)
- Dessert table with alternative desserts (not wedding cake); i.e. cupcakes, pies, etc.
- Old family photos displayed in some way
- Incorporating apples and/or fruit in the decor in some way (must, must have!)
- Repetition of some sort of garland
- Alternative centerpieces like vintage books (see images above!), random collection of vintage items and wildflowers, handmade vintage fabric bouquets, etc.
- Hanging jar vases or candles/lighting (see image at the top of the post)
- Skeleton key "placecards"
- Alternative bridal and bridesmaid bouquets: again, am thinking vintage fabric bouquets...
Have any thoughts, feedback, or ideas for me that go along with my theme/color scheme ideas? Let me know! I'm eager for feedback :)